Dancewise30 Two-Day Training
Online and Face to Face
Specifically for Diversional Therapist and Allied Health Professionals
- Therapeutic Music and Dance Workshop
- Learn how to facilitate the 30-minute Dancewise program to an unlimited number of clients throughout the year.
- Engaging your clients physically, cognitively and socially.
- Consultations on how the program can be implemented within diverse groups of residents i.e lifestyle, high care etc.
- Fully endorsed Facilitators Training Manual
- Two days of training with DHA Certified Trainers
- Training in fundamental Laban and other movement languages
- Facilitator Certificate
- Ongoing staff support and regular movement updates
- First-year license fee included in the workshop price
Full Certified Teacher Training
Dates for 2021 to be released
This training consists of 11 sessions, equalling 21 hours of face to face video conferencing:
- 9 x 2-hour sessions over nine days (2 sessions per week)
- 2 x 1.5-hour sessions over two days
The times are usually 2 weekday mornings, however, this is flexible due to the nature of working online and subject to the availability of those enrolled. Based on applicants’ availabilities, it will either run at 9:00-11:00 am or 4:00-6:00 pm. If you are ever absent from a session, it will be recorded and sent to you.
Assignments include both written and practical components, requiring a minimum of 16 hours self demonstrated work:
- 8 x 2-hour assessment tasks
- 2 x 1-hour assessment tasks
This can be done at any time that suits you.
Full Course: $1,250
What our Trainees say…
“The passion from the trainers is inspiring to see and how the room lightens up. Don’t have to be an experienced dancer.”
“I was equipped to assist potential dancers in the movement that will target movement restrictions.”
“I liked the two days, learned a lot and will take it back to my facility with confidence.”